Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta offers girls the opportunity to participate on FIRST Lego League. Participation on Girl Scout teams allows girls to learn and gain practical skills in a non-competitive single gender environment. Girls have an opportunity to solve real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. Each team is led by a registered Girl Scout adult volunteer and mentors that provide expertise in robot design and project specific topics. Each season Girl Scout teams in the Greater Atlanta area give back to their community by organizing an outreach or recruitment event for Girl Scouts and non-Girl Scouts.
Through FIRST Robotics, Girl Scouts are able to:
- Design, build, test and program robots
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking and presentation skills
- Develop problem-solving, organizational, and team-building skills
- Learn gracious professionalism through competitions and tournaments
We offer 3 different levels of Robotics for every stage of Girl Scouts!
Daisy and Brownie teams are forming now - Learn More
Check out the STEM Robotics Teams Competition Schedule