What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Whether you need help right now, or want to meet the experts in person, we have convenient training options at your fingertips! Log in to gsLearn our online learning system and:
- Follow quick, practical online lessons
- View and download resources for every program level
- Sign up for in-person classes
- Find tips, tricks, and much more to help you succeed!
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Parents/caregivers can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents/caregivers can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- To continue to have access to the VTK, your 2021 membership must be renewed by July 31, 2021
- When you renew as a co-leader on Oct. 1, 2021 or later, you will regain access to the VTK