Why you want to be in the program
Thank you for your interest in Miss Media! You are on your way to become a media and public speaking rock star!
Miss Media is a fun and exciting eight month program (October – May) providing the opportunity for girls to explore the evolving media environment, have hands-on experience developing communication skills, and engage in career exploration.
Through this unique program, Miss Media participants will:
- Develop writing, public speaking, and photography skills
- Interview with media on TV, Radio or for print publications
- Star in council commercials, videos and print features
- Participate in exciting Girl Scout events throughout the year
- Speak at local events
- Create Girl Scout Videos
- Explore Atlanta as a top 10 media market
- Have fun and make new friends
The goals of the program include:
- To develop GSGATL peer role models for other girls in the Atlanta community
- Give our girls an opportunity to develop lifelong skills while representing Girl Scouts
- To elevate Girl Scouts as real examples of the impact Girl Scouts has been and continues to make on girls and their communities
- Remind the world that we are the premier leadership development organization for girls and young women
- Tell the Girl Scout story- our girls are always counting down to their next adventure!
- Give more girls an opportunity to know how Girl Scouts can give them a chance to explore the world and have fun with new friends.
We encourage you to find new and inspiring ways to connect your own experiences to the Girl Scout Movement and tell your stories through the Miss Media program!
To audition, submit a two minute video telling us:
What you want the world to know about Girl Scouts
What skills you hope to develop through your participation in the program
Submit via your YouTube account and send the video link to email@example.com with the subject titled "Miss Media 2016." Videos are accepted August 1 - September 30.
*For privacy of the video, please select "unlisted" when uploading the video.
Contact: Alicia Jordan – 770.702.9109 – firstname.lastname@example.org